Monday, August 25, 2008

summer winds down

There isn't much to say. Things for the most part are the same. Unfortunately my funds are still extremely limited, so I don't have much to do in my free time. Consequently, I have a lot of it. Summer, and especially the end of summer, is excruciatingly slow in my industry. What I have been doing is getting back into my good routines. Yoga in the morning, long afternoon walks, meditation at nights. I don't do all of it everyday, but I do one of them 6 out of 7. It's nice.

If I did have funds I'd be getting out more. Taking classes, meeting people. I want to be as comfortable here as if I'd lived here for five or more years, even though it's only been two months. After several years of moving around, I can see the allure of never leaving the place you grew up, or going back there. It's easy socially. No, I am not saying that I am going back. I just understand why people do it. If anything it will be a challenge for me to stay here for five years. There is so much world out there I want to keep moving! But is it worth the cost of never making deep connections to a place and the people that you meet while there? Granted, the only place that I have experience with besides my hometown was unusually transient. So transient that few would dare to call it "home". So I do not know how rooted I can become in a place in two years time. In said time I will let you know my findings.

For now I take it a day at a time, as any would do in my station. It is slow, yet pleasant.

No comments: